With the 2015 agricultural show season well underway (and having attended Heathfield Agricultural Show on Saturday) I’ve compiled a list of 20 things a show-goer can expect to see…which surprisingly happens to be a lot more than hats, livestock and vintage tractors.
1. Eye catching local produce
2. Judges (often wearing bowler hats or similar) talking to livestock handlers (nearly always in white coats).
3. Vintage tractors – look at the paint job on this beauty…
4. A bearded man stood next to a beer tent drinking ale
5. An impressive looking cockerel
6. A chimney sweep touting for business
7. A line of pedigree dairy cows..
8. Wooden novelty ducks for sale..
10. A sheep shearing demo
11. Pigs being walked around a pen
12. A farmer smoking a pipe..
13. A photographer being chased by a small herd of goats
14. A jazz band with a catchy name….
15. A supreme champion cow wearing a cummerbund and rosettes..
16. Some candle holders made out of old bits of pipe
17. A Sussex bull tethered to a gate
18. A steam engine
19. A hat stand
20. And finally a ‘vintage’ horse box showcasing a selection of hand made artisan goods..